Poster Approval Requirements
Bring your posters in and we'll check to make sure they meet the approval requirements. If they do, we'll set the date on the stamp one month in the future and you can stamp all your posters.
If you want to check and see if your posters would be approved before printing, you can email your poster design to [email protected] and we'll let you know.
If posters are hung without being stamped, they will be removed. You are not allowed to post any posters on walls, outside of classrooms, or on boards labeled "For Academic Use Only".
If you pay the Promotions Office to post your posters, just drop them off and we'll handle the stamping.
All posters must have the following information, clearly visible:
- Name of sponsoring group
- GVSU department/organization
- Registered Student Organization
- Class Name
- If not GVSU affiliated, include the name of the business or individual
- Contact information
- Include at least one of the following: phone number, email address, website
- Social media handles and QR codes can be included on posters, but neither will be considered official forms of contact.
- For events, also include:
- Title of event
- Date and time
- Event location
- Have any promotion or information about the sale or use of alcohol. If you are serving non-alcoholic beverages, choose words that are not associated with alcohol (Example: use “Mocktails” instead of “Cocktails”).
- Have any inappropriate pictures (nudity, sexual content, graphic portrayals).
- Be smaller than 1/2 an 8.5"x11" page, be larger than 11"x17", or be posted more than one per board.
This poster is approved because it includes all the necessary info:
- Name of event, date, time, location
- Name of organization or department
- Contact information (website)
This poster is NOT approved.
- No date, no time, vague location
- Doesn't include name of organization
- No contact information
- Advertises alcohol