Date of Last Update
- President's Cabinet
Export Policy As PDF
Event Signs and Banners Policy - Allendale Campus
Grand Valley State University event sign and banner policy is intended to establish a uniform system used across campus. The primary function of a sign or banner is to provide information. The effectiveness of distributing this information will be based on consistent design and standards. Implementation and maintenance of the event sign system will be the responsibility of the GVSU Facilities Services Department.
Event signs are made by Facilities Services. Banners are provided by the customer. When making a request, please follow the steps listed below:
- Call Facilities Customer Service at 331-3000 to place your sign or banner request approximately two weeks prior to the event.
- All banners are to be provided by the customer. There are two (2) locations on campus where they can be hung. One is in front of Lake Huron Hall in the Academic Mall area. The other is at the Northwest side of the Student Services Building facing Campus Dr. The banner(s) will be tied to metal posts that are secured into the ground. Banners may not hang from sculptures, the roof or inside any building, or be placed in the ground at a different location other than the two indicated unless approval has been given by the Associate Vice-President of Facilities Services. Also, approval must be given for any light pole banners. Light pole banner design must conform to Facilities size and construction standards and will be provided upon request.
- Facilities Services will make and install three (3) real estate style signs for any GVSU sanctioned event on campus. They are 18” x 24”, white with navy blue lettering. Any additional signs ordered will be at a cost of $15.00 each and you must provide a FOAP number. There is a maximum of 15 signs that may be ordered.
- If you are ordering a real estate sign then please indicate the event name, the location and which parking lot to use. We are able to place quotes or statements on the signs but it is a good idea to keep the letters to a minimum so they can be made large enough to read. Please give a date/time to have these installed and a date/time for removal.
- Facilities Services will install the real estate signs at the locations the customer indicates. Usually this is at the campus entrances or along Campus Drive. No signs may be installed in front of the arch at the north main entrance or in front of any welcome sign at the campus entrances.
- Handwritten signage is not allowed and any professional signage brought on campus must have approval by the Associate Vice-President of Facilities Services.
If you have any questions about your signage or need approval please call 331-3000.