The Native American Advisory Council “Gchi Booskamgaad” is established by the Vice President for Inclusion and Equity to advise the Vice President on outreach and retention strategies for Native American students, faculty, and staff. Through the Division of Inclusion and Equity, the Native American Advisory Council (NAAC) works to advocate and support Native American perspectives at Grand Valley State University. The advisory board is committed to fostering strong relationships between the university and the larger Native American communities.
- Create and facilitate an inclusive environment for Native American students, staff, faculty, and community.
- Advocate and support the recruitment, retention and advancement of Grand Valley Native American faculty, staff, and students.
- Support cultural competence as it relates to Native American culture.
- Influence curriculum to incorporate Native American content across the disciplines.
- Develop, promote, and sustain meaningful community partnerships.
Future GVSU Employees
Search committees should inform candidates of the opportunity to meet with and participate in faculty/staff affinity groups, and the efforts of the Division of Inclusion and Equity. NAAC members are available to meet with potential employee candidates during the search process. Contact the Division of Inclusion and Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-3296 for scheduling.