Movement Science House
The MSH provides opportunities for students to become and remain engaged in the Movement Sciences while enhancing their academic, social and professional development. This occurs through the development of diverse and open perspectives, critical thinking and personal investment in their field.
Our goals serve as benchmarks for success, providing members with insight on the purpose of their activity. They include the following:
- Ample engagement with and between students (peers) and faculty related to their academic areas of interest.
- Allow students to experience and appreciate diverse perspectives, and experience activities and beliefs that exist between those in related areas of academic interest.
- Offer opportunities to facilitate a smooth matriculation through the college experience (socially, academically, professionally).
How We Reach Our Goals
- Faculty members are present throughout the week during office hours in the MSH.
- Tutoring services are coordinated within the MSH.
- Workshops and lectures are hosted on-site.
- Peer mentoring from current majors in a Movement Science program is provided.
- Extra-curricular activities are hosted and organized within the MSH.
- Student groups (clubs) have access to meeting space within the facility
- Guest speakers are invited
- i.e. healthy eating, stress management, wellness
- Service learning and community service opportunities are provided
- Field trips
- Advising services are provided within the MSH.
- During faculty office hours
- Departmental Advising Nights
- Professional advisors are onsite weekly with open office hours
- Co-curricular activities are hosted and organized within the MSH.
- Academic program meetings hosted on site.
- Undergraduate research collaborative experiences/opportunities
- Workshops related to professional development, resume building, interview preparation etc.
- Course required service learning opportunities are integrated to involve those within the MSH.
- MSH specific readings are used to supplement LIB 100 and MOV 101 teachings.
All Movement Science Majors will be invited and encouraged to participate in the MSH. Recruitment however will be directed at new admits and transfer students as well.
If you are interested in living in the MSH please log in to Banner and go to MyHousing. Once within MyHousing please select Academic Communities. Within the Academic Communities area select the Movement Science House as your choice. At this point you will be placed in a room and notified of this according to the posted housing notification dates.