For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Why Take Chinese?
Graduates of the GVSU Chinese program have gone on to successful careers in:
- International Law
- International Sales and Research and Development departments in multi-national corporations
- Graduate studies in Chinese language, Literature, history, philosophy, and social media.
- Teaching English as a foreign Language in China and Taiwan
- Secondary Language education in local school districts
- Military with developments in East Asia
- Medical and health services
- Chinese is spoken by 1/5 of the world's population
- China has the 2nd largest economy in the world
- China is the largest global market in the 21st century
- The Chinese written language has over 4,000 years of continuous history
- Chinese is a non-inflected language (no tenses or conjunctions to memorize!)
- The written language is non-phonetic
GVSU has the Chinese language and Culture club, with regular activities throughout the year, including cultural events, movies, and study sessions.