LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
The Laker Marching Band is committed to fostering individual and collective growth, creating meaningful opportunities to serve, and maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. We strive for students to forge lasting relationships and take pride in every performance.
The GVSU "Pride of the Midwest" Laker Marching Band
Celebrating our 46th season of representing Grand Valley State University with gridiron pageantry, school traditions, and an unwavering support of all our Lakers!
2021 Uniform/GVSU-Owned Instrument Check In Schedule
- Uniform Coat and Bibbers MUST be on separate hangers
- Color Guard tunic and pants mUST be on separate hangers
- No hanger needed for raincoat
- Shako in hat box
- Any uniform part not turned in will result with a hold placed on the student's account until uniform is in or paid.
GVSU- Owned Instrument (Mellophone, Marching Baritone, Sousaphone, Drumline, Flags) Information:
- Instrument case cleaned out / drumline storage areas cleaned out
- Instruments oiled and slides greased before check in
- Pep Band instruments will be check in, then rechecked out
- Any instrument not turned in or damaged will result with a hold placed on the student's account until instrument is in or paid.
Check In Location:
- Instrument Check In - Band Room
- Music Turn In - Band Room
- Uniform Check In - Uniform Room
*Members can turn in Music or check in instrument at any time on their assigned check in day.
*Only check in Uniform on/after your assigned time.
Wednesday, December 1
4:00pm - Color Guard
4:20pm - Drumline
4:40pm - Sousaphones/Baritone Saxes
5:00pm - Baritones
5:15pm - Mellophones
Friday, December 3
4:00pm - Trombones
4:30pm - Trumpets
Monday, December 6
4:00pm - Piccolos
4:30pm - Clarinets / Bass Clarinet
5:00pm - Alto Saxes /Tenor Sax
2021 Music Check In
Music Check In information:
- Music Turn in location - Band Room
- Turn in music at any time during your section's scheduled check in day
- There is NO charge for lost music.
- Music to turn in:
- Disco Inferno
- Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Larger Than Life
- Mic Drop
- Bye Bye Bye
- Motown Opener
- Hold On, I'm Coming
2021 "Tom and Marcia Haas and Family Laker Marching Band Scholarship" Recipient - Gordon Brown
I am a junior studying biomedical sciences and have been in marching band for two years. The Laker Marching Band has given me so much, and I cannot wait to come back in the Fall. I am thrilled and so grateful to be the 2021 recipient of the Tom and Marcia Haas and Family Laker Marching Band Scholarship.
2021 Feature Twirler - Emelia Adam
Hi Everyone! My name is Emelia Adam, and I am from Hamburg, Pennsylvania. Joining the Laker Marching Band as the Feature Twirler is super exciting for me! Since I started twirling at age five, I have dreamt about this opportunity a million times. Now the dream is becoming a reality at Grand Valley State University!
As a competitive twirler, I have competed at local, state, national, and international competitions. Throughout my years, I have earned numerous awards such as, 2019 Pennsylvania State Two Baton Champion, 2019 Junior Miss Majorette of the North Atlantic Royalty, and AAU Junior Olympic All-Around Elite Champion 2019.
I am an incoming freshman at GVSU majoring in Elementary Education. I can’t wait to make the GV community my home!
GVSU Fight Song