For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Tips for Online Learning
Is your in-person class being moved online? There’s no need to panic! GVSU has lots of resources and support available for online learning. To get you started, here are a few tips on how to succeed as an online student:
- Keep track of external deadlines and create internal deadlines for yourself. Use a schedule or calendar to keep on track.
- Check your email regularly for important information from your instructor.
- Be mindful of etiquette when communicating with professors and classmates online.
- Make sure that you are able to login to GVSU's learning management system, your email, and campus network. If you have trouble logging in, contact the IT Helpdesk.
- Some courses will include live synchronous meetings or online office hours using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. To use this technology you will need to have a device with a webcam and microphone.
- Find a reliable network -- technical issues can happen at any time, but it’s best to prepare ahead of time with a trustworthy signal, if you can.
- To keep from feeling isolated, reach out to your professors and classmates if you have questions or want to discuss course material.
- Have a system and a plan for managing your course-related file storage, such as a cloud account, a GVSU network drive, or a GVSU Google Drive.
- Review the Technology Requirements for Online/Hybrid Courses.