LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Tips for Online Learning
- Keep track of external deadlines and create internal deadlines for yourself. Use a schedule or calendar to keep on track.
- Check your email regularly for important information from your instructor.
- Be mindful of etiquette when communicating with professors and classmates online.
- Make sure that you are able to login to GVSU's learning management system, your email, and campus network. If you have trouble logging in, contact the IT Helpdesk.
- Some courses will include live synchronous meetings or online office hours using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. To use this technology you will need to have a device with a webcam and microphone.
- Find a reliable network -- technical issues can happen at any time, but it’s best to prepare ahead of time with a trustworthy signal, if you can.
- To keep from feeling isolated, reach out to your professors and classmates if you have questions or want to discuss course material.
- Have a system and a plan for managing your course-related file storage, such as a cloud account, a GVSU network drive, or a GVSU Google Drive.
- Review the Technology Requirements for Online/Hybrid Courses.