The latest tuition rates can be viewed on the Grand Valley website under Financial Aid Cost of Attendance. Payment methods include: cash, credit card, demand draft, travelers checks or Western Union Business Solutions. Students must pay by the official deadline dates found on the website. First semester international students do not follow these payment deadline dates, as their tuition payment deadline will be the Friday before classes begin. If you are a first semester student, you will continue receiving emails regarding payment for your classes; however, you may disregard these emails since your classes will be held for you by the International Center. You can view your specific Grand Valley billing account through myBanner.
Grand Valley State University requires all first semester international students to pay tuition, fees and on campus housing in full by the Friday before classes begin. You may view your specific Grand Valley billing account through myBanner. Please make arrangements to pay your bill in full no later than 5:00 p.m. E.S.T./E.D.T, the Friday before classes begin. No payment plans will be available for your first semester at GVSU.
International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are required by law to provide evidence of financial support sufficient to cover the cost of tuition and living expenses for their degree program. The expectation is that the student will be financially capable of paying tuition and living in the U.S. on the funds demonstrated.
Grand Valley State University has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students and their families a fast, easy, and affordable way to pay education costs online and in their own currency. This service allows you to pay locally from your home bank, saving you money on exchange rates and bank fees. Funds are credited directly to your bursar account in dollars in as few as two (2) business days.
What are the benefits?
- Use your own currency! Your full payment amount will still be received in U.S. dollars.
- Stop worrying about exchange rates. The rate is held in for 72 hours, so the full amount arrives every time.
- The exchange rate is very competitive when compared to your financial institution’s retail rates.
- There are NO transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Grand Valley State University.
- Save on bank and credit card fees and use an affordable local bank transfer.
- Gain payment peace of mind knowing that your funds will arrive in full, on time and without deductions or delays.
Learn More Below:
- Grand Valley State University Student International Payment Information
- International Payment Instructions
- Currency Option List
- China Payment Options - English or Chinese
- Korea Payment Options