LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
All F-1 International Students that will have completed 12 undergraduate credits or 9 graduate credits at Grand Valley by the end of the Fall 2020 semester are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Information will be emailed to students in January. The scholarship will be awarded for the next academic year, ie. Fall 2020-Winter 2021. Students submit an application to a committee chaired by the Director of International Students and Scholars Services. Questions should be directed to Kate Stoetzner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 19, 2021 - 11:59 p.m.
Please complete your application ONLINE. We are no longer accepting emailed or paper applications.
The application will require you to submit the following information:
- General Information
- Personal Essay
- Financial Need
- Electronic Signature and Submission
Tips for completing the application:
- You CAN exit an incomplete application and return to it later but you CANNOT go back through completed pages.
- We recommend you type up your essay in a word document before filling out the application and save frequently.
- Essay prompt: “This essay should describe how the scholarship would help you reach your educational goals. It should also be used to demonstrate to the scholarship committee how you are unique and what you are able to contribute to our university. Try to make yourself come to life in your essay; describe yourself as a person, a student, and a future member of your chosen profession.”
- Please keep your essay at or under 300 words/1800 characters in length.
- Make your essay personal and interesting. We weigh the applications mostly on the essay and consider financial need.
There are many opportunities pertaining to private scholarships and grants. You will find the following websites helpful when researching alternative sources of funding: