Upcoming IPE Events
See below for the most up to date information related to upcoming IPE events!
IPE Clinical Simulation Events
Here are last year's events -- the Winter/Spring 2022 events be announced soon in the category of IPE Clinical Simulation:
- Virtual IPE Telehealth Experience - April 2021
- Students will be assigned to interprofessional teams and will be asked to role play and record a virtual telehealth experience.
- Students will have a list of patient cases to choose from which will include basic information about the patient and the reasons they are seeking care.
- The goal of the students teams is to choose a case that best fits the student learners in their group and then role play an effective interprofessional telehealth visit with this patient
- 10 hours of service learning awarded towards the IPE Student Certificate
- This will also count towards the simulation credit for the IPE Student Certificate!
- 3rd Annual Pediatric Simulation Event - Friday, March 12, 2021
- This intentional simulation activity utilizes a patient/student case study/education program as an opportunity for students to work in interdisciplinary teams using a virtual platform.
Students will use multiple strategies to learn from, with, and about each other during the event by providing information about each profession and by developing a health care plan and individual education program for the child in the case study.
Students are encouraged to prepare for the event by learning about INTERPROFESSIONAL COLLABORATIVE COMPETENCIES (IPEC, 2016).
- 9th Annual Interprofessional Case Study Simulation Event (Adult) - March 26, 2021
- This intentional simulation activity utilizes a complex medical patient case study and multiple instructional strategies to support student participation in inter-professional education and collaboration for care plan development.
- Standard Patients are used to provide live stakeholder interactions.
- The event includes students and faculty from 16 healthcare disciplines.
IPE Service Learning
There are many IPE Service-Based Learning activities available through the academic year. Please see HERE for the full list of IPE Service Learning!
Here are last year's events -- the Winter/Spring 2022 events be announced soon:
- PIPES - INTERPROFESSIONAL EDUCATIONAL VIRTUAL ESCAPE ROOM EXPERIENCE
- The PIPES Interprofessional Education Escape Room Experience will be virtual during the week of March 15th - March 20th.
- It’s up to you and your interprofessional team to work together to solve the puzzle and save your patient in under 60 minutes!
- PIPES - QUEER & TRANS 101: A TRAINING FOR ALLIES IN HEALTH CARE
- April 2, 2021, 1:30 - 4:30pm
- PIPES is excited to collaborate with the Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center at GVSU & GVSU's Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders as they present a 3 hour virtual training to learners across disciplines.
- Culturally responsive care and population-based health competencies are critical to reducing health disparities among people in the LGBTQIA+ community
- In this three-hour workshop, participants will gain a working knowledge of terminology and concepts related to the LGBTQIA+ community, become familiar with health disparities faced by this community, IPEC core competencies for dynamic team work, and then review and practice strategies for providing effective and affirming health care to people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- PIPES - COMMUNITY BASED INTERPROFESSIONAL EDUCATION: �OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE�
- April 14th, 5:00 - 6:00pm
- PIPES is excited to welcome Dr. Jyotsna Pandey from CMU College of Medicine this winter semester as she presents on "Community based Interprofessional Education: “of the people, by the people and for the people”
- April 14th, 5:00 - 6:00pm
Join us for FREE IPE lectures on vocal health and awareness Friday, April 16, 2021.