Want a degree that is as unique as you? The Integrative Studies Program (formerly Liberal Studies) at Grand Valley State University supports students to create customized paths of study, giving you the knowledge and skills needed to find innovative solutions to real-world, complex problems and become a leader in your profession, community, and the world. Our nationally award-winning faculty and programs put students first:
- supporting your learning to maintain high academic standards, rigor, and integrity;
- offering flexible degree pathways and course schedules to fit your life;
- providing appreciative advising to help you set and achieve ambitious goals;
- administering multiple degree, certificate, and badging options to maximize your educational investment;
- integrating experiential learning opportunities that connect classroom knowledge to real-world challenges throughout our curriculum
- emphasizing critical thinking, social responsibility, intercultural understanding, and the value of diverse perspectives.
Take ownership of your education.
Whether you are a traditional student who wants to customize their degree, working adult or student athlete balancing multiple responsibilities, or want to complete your degree -- we have options designed to support your success.