West Michigan is a great place to live, and Grand Valley helps drive our region’s and entire state’s economic growth. Grand Valley students and alumni have unique opportunities to learn and work in up-and-coming industries because Grand Valley is involved in advancing those new industries. This is a result of a curriculum that is relevant and adaptable to the current and future needs of West Michigan, the state, and beyond.
- Students from every county in Michigan choose Grand Valley — the top six counties of origin for incoming freshmen are Kent, Oakland, Ottawa, Wayne, Macomb, and Muskegon.
- Students come to Grand Valley from across the country and around the world — in the 2020-2021 academic year, Grand Valley enrolled 312 students from 75 different countries.
- Grand Valley has full-service campuses in Allendale, Grand Rapids, and Holland, and regional centers in Detroit, Muskegon, Battle Creek, and Traverse City. Being located in Michigan’s West Coast, students are close to the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan, the cultural opportunities of Grand Rapids, and only a few hours from the major metropolitan opportunities of Detroit and Chicago.
- The Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus and the growing Health Campus are located in the heart of Michigan’s second largest city, close to internship, employment, and community outreach programs.
- Top employers of Grand Valley graduates include well-known West Michigan companies such as Amway Corp., BDO USA LLP, Gentex Corp., Haworth Inc., Herman Miller Inc., Meijer Inc., Perrigo Co., Spectrum Health/Priority Health, Steelcase Inc., and Gordon Food Service.
- The free Campus Connector shuttle links students, faculty members, and staff members to the entire Grand Rapids transit system reducing the number of cars on the road. In the 2019-2020 fiscal year, the shuttles carried more than 2 million riders within and between the Allendale and Grand Rapids campuses.