Excellent academic credentials, unparalleled dedication, and active engagement in their scholarship and disciplines make for energized, accessible, and responsive faculty members.
- Ninety-three percent of regular faculty members have earned their doctorate or other terminal degree.
- Outstanding faculty members teach the majority of classes and inspire learning and self-discovery. An average class size of 26 students and student-to-faculty ratio of 17:1 ensure a more personal classroom experience.
- Grand Valley faculty members love to teach and believe that research mentoring is an important method of teaching. Through active, engaged scholarship in student-directed research projects, they inspire students’ passions for learning, self-discovery, and incorporating academics with professional work.
- During the 2019-2020 academic year, Grand Valley employed 1,764 full- and part-time faculty members. Grand Valley’s part-time faculty members bring invaluable industry experience and real-world learning to the classroom, and provide career connections and opportunities.
- Grand Valley was named a Fulbright Top Producing Institution for the number of faculty members who teach and conduct research overseas. More than 55 Grand Valley faculty and staff members have earned Fulbright awards since 1964.