Excellent academic credentials, unparalleled dedication, and active engagement in their scholarship and disciplines make for energized, accessible, and responsive faculty members.
- Ninety-three percent of regular faculty members have earned their doctorate or other terminal degree.
- Outstanding faculty members teach the majority of classes and inspire learning and self-discovery. An average class size of 26 students and student to faculty ratio of 17:1 ensure a more personal classroom experience.
- Grand Valley faculty members love to teach and believe that research mentoring is an important method of teaching. Through active, engaged scholarship in student-directed research projects, they inspire students’ passions for learning, self-discovery, and incorporating academics with professional work.
- During the 2017-2018 academic year, Grand Valley employed 1,765 full- and part-time faculty members. Grand Valley’s part-time faculty members bring invaluable industry experience and real-world learning to the classroom, and provide career connections and opportunities.
- Grand Valley was ranked second nationally in 2015 for the number of faculty members who are Fulbright Scholars, demonstrating the university’s commitment to global teaching and learning.
- Faculty members compete nationally for the prestigious honor with each award requiring three levels of peer review.