Virus Action Team update: GVSU, health officials working on COVID vaccination program for campus community
Members of the GVSU Virus Action Team are working with regional and state health authorities, and the West Michigan COVID-19 Vaccine Collaborative to set up a vaccination program for the GVSU community.
As details are finalized, information will be sent via email and posted on the vaccine web page on the Lakers Together website, where you can find COVID-19 vaccination information from the CDC and the State of Michigan.
GVSU COVID-19 surveillance testing for this semester ends December 17; the symptomatic clinic on campus will be open by appointment through December 18.
Members of the GVSU community may continue to schedule testing at other Spectrum Health locations if they have symptoms or have had close contact with someone with COVID-19. Tests may be scheduled through MyChart or by calling the Spectrum Health COVID Resource Line at 833-734-0020.
KEY FACTS FOR JANUARY 2021
For students living on campus or taking an in-person or hybrid class:
- Get tested prior to returning to campus. Document your results in your online self-assessment.
- If you are unable to test before your return, test after returning to campus.
- If you choose not to be tested, you should follow the “Stay Safe” guidelines for a 10-day period either in your on- or off-campus residence and only leave your residence to attend class or for food, medicine or work, with appropriate masking and social distancing until you receive your test results.
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 after October 25, record your positive result in your self-assessment. You are not required to retest in January.
2021 On-Campus Testing
- Repopulation testing for students, faculty and staff will occur over a three-week period: January 5-7, January 11-14, and January 18-21.
- Students in face-to-face courses and from selected on- and off-campus housing complexes, faculty teaching in-person or hybrid courses, and staff working on-campus will be invited to test.
- Invitations for January repopulation testing will be sent December 22.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to get tested in the first two weeks to help level the testing load throughout the period.
- GVSU surveillance testing will resume the week of January 25; the Spectrum Health Symptomatic Clinic on campus will reopen January 5.
- Data related to our testing program can be found on the GVSU A+ rated Data Dashboard.
Students, faculty and staff should continue to complete the online self-assessment each day throughout the holiday break and when returning to campus. Data from the self-assessments will be used to email invitations to test.