Fall 2021: We're Ready for You!
We look forward to welcoming you to campus this fall for in-person classes, housing and dining options, and so much more. The Lakers Together website contains information about our academic plans, housing, athletics and recreation, and more. We're excited for you to be a Laker!
Updated April 22, 2021
We are continuing our efforts to protect the campus community and keep the virus at bay.
- Our face covering and social distancing protocols will remain in force.
- Guidelines for travel and events will continue. These will be updated as guidance changes.
- GVSU policies and information regarding COVID-19 can be found on the Lakers Together website.
Free on-campus testing will continue to be available for students, faculty and staff on the Allendale and Pew Grand Rapids campuses. We will not be sending out invitations. See the following schedule:
- Walk-in antigen testing for those without symptoms or exposure will be held in the Kirkhof Center, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- For those with symptoms or exposure, testing is by appointment only and will be held in the Kirkhof Center, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. To schedule an appointment, complete your online self-assessment and a link will be available.
Pew Grand Rapids Campus
- Beginning May 3, walk-in antigen testing for those without symptoms or exposure will be held in DeVos Center on Mondays from 9 a.m. to noon.
Daily Online Self-Assessment
With the recent extension of some state orders, we will maintain the rules for daily online self-assessment.
- Individuals living on campus must fill out the online self-assessment daily.
- Employees must complete a self-assessment on any day they are working on campus.
- Students coming to campus for class or work must complete a self-assessment before arriving on campus.
- Visitors to campus must complete the self-assessment prior to arrival.
- For others, such as faculty on nine-month appointments, please use the self-assessment to report significant events like vaccinations or infection.
Student Vaccine Video
“If I’ve already had COVID-19, why should I get the vaccine?” This is just one question GVSU students asked Dr. Habiba Hassouna, an infectious disease specialist at Spectrum Health. Get the answer to that question and more by watching the short video below.