Lakers Together Fall 2020
A web-based self-assessment (accessed by phone, tablet or computer) is now available for faculty, staff and students. Employees and students will be expected to complete the web-based self-assessment every day they will be on any GVSU campus, including classes, student employment, lab work or prior to participating in experiential learning in any setting.
Learn how to create an easy-to-use bookmark for the self-assessment on your smartphone.
Faculty and Staff Required Training
Faculty and staff returning to campus as part of Grand Valley's ramp-up to Fall 2020 are required to complete training prior to returning to the workplace.
Plan for Fall 2020
Grand Valley State University has prepared for a Fall semester geared to exceptional educational opportunities delivered in an environment that follows all public health guidance and state and federal regulations. Campus offices are open in preparation for the start of classes August 31, 2020.
This website includes information critical to the success of the academic year and the health and safety of campus. There are sections on cleaning and sanitization, move-in, dining and mental health, policies on face coverings and travel, and a section on course delivery methods.
The following principles guided GVSU’s Fall 2020 plan:
- Creating a safe environment is a shared responsibility among all who come to GVSU.
- The university is encouraging personal responsibility by providing education and the supplies and resources necessary to assist individuals in following public health guidance and university policy.
- Individuals are expected to practice healthy hygiene habits, including frequent hand washing, wearing a face covering in common areas and around other people. They should practice social distancing, avoid large gatherings, use the daily self-assessment app before coming to campus and keep work areas clean.
- Current health guidance dictates we must reduce the number of people on campus at any given time to decrease overall density on campus. The university will only host and serve visitors engaged in critical areas of university life, such as prospective students and their families.
- The university will not schedule large-scale events, reducing campus use by those who are not students, faculty or staff.
President's Update - July 31
President Philomena V. Mantella will provide weekly updates about Grand Valley's return to campus with university leaders; this week's update is with history professor Craig Benjamin. Previous updates can be found on the weekly update site.
July 16, 2020
Grand Valley has revised its face covering policy based on July 9/10 executive orders.
Incident Management Team update: New face covering toolkit, web-based self-assessment, virtual campus tours
July 09, 2020
VisiTOUR uses 360-degree images, videos, audio and text to highlight each stop on the campus tour.