Vaccine and Vaccination Information
Vaccination Incentive Program
Lakers, Vax-Up! The Grand Valley community is strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible. Record your COVID-19 vaccination status on your GVSU online self-assessment.
Details of a Vaccination Incentive Program for GVSU students are below. 1,000 students will receive $100.
Widespread vaccination will allow us to adjust our response to COVID-19. Remember to report your vaccination in your online self-assessment.
- To date, nearly 80% of faculty and staff have received at least one dose of the vaccine.
- Nearly 4,000 students have reported on their self-assessment that they have received at least one dose of the vaccine.
“If I’ve already had COVID-19, why should I get the vaccine?” This is just one question GVSU students asked Dr. Habiba Hassouna, an infectious disease specialist at Spectrum Health. Get the answer to that question and more by watching the short video below.
Dr. Habiba Hassouna from Spectrum Health, and other health experts, answered questions about COVID-19 vaccines during a town hall meeting on February 23, 2021, sponsored by the GVSU Virus Action Team. The full recording of the meeting is available here.
Lakers Vax-Up - Student Vaccination Incentive Program
Grand Valley students who have received a COVID-19 vaccine have the opportunity to win $100. In an effort to increase the vaccination rate on campus, July has been designated as Lakers Vax-Up month.
The goal is to have at least 70 percent of students vaccinated.The GVSU COVID-19 Data Dashboard shows the vaccination rate of the GVSU community.
The COVID-19 vaccine is the best path out of the pandemic and to mitigate the spread of the virus and variants. The vaccine is also the best way to provide the safest campus possible with a more normal classroom and campus environment.
Details of the incentive program are below.
Vaccination Incentive Program
GVSU students who are vaccinated and record their information in their daily online self-assessment will be eligible to win $100. Drawings will begin the first week of August.
- 1,000 students will receive $100.
- Weekly drawings for 250 winners of $100 (August 4, 11, 18 and 25).
- Winners will have $100 credited to their student account once vaccine verification is provided.
How Students Can Participate
- Step One: Get vaccinated.
- Step Two: It doesn’t matter when you received the vaccine to be eligible. You have until July 31, 2021, to indicate in your daily online self-assessment you have received at least one dose. Think you already reported? Double check.
- Step Three: If you are selected as a winner, be ready to provide verification that you were vaccinated to claim the $100 credit.
How to get a COVID-19 vaccine
Walk-in opportunities and appointments are available at these clinics:
- West Michigan COVID-19 Vaccine Collaborative
- Your local county health department
- Vaccine Finder for locations by zip code
- Meijer Pharmacy: Register or Walk-In
Many local and state organizations and businesses are offering giveaways at their COVID-19 vaccine clinics. For details, visit http://Michigan.gov/Vax2win.
Michigan residents who got at least one vaccine dose have a chance to win several prizes by entering a drawing at MIShotToWin.com.
Information About Vaccines
How CDC is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations
This page is maintained by GVSU's Virus Action Team (VAT). Navigate to the other VAT-administered pages using the buttons above. For questions, concerns, or to report a non-emergency health/safety issue, email us at email@example.com. For general questions contact the Lakers Together Call Center: (616) 331-INFO (4636). For personal health questions, call the 24/7 GVSU COVID Health Line (833) 734-0020.