Leaders of the Virus Action Team discussed vaccination plans at a town hall meeting on February 23, 2021. The full recording of the meeting is available here.
Vaccine Information -- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Vaccination at GVSU
- As of mid-January, GVSU has not received any supply of vaccine.
- The Virus Action Team at GVSU is in continuous conversation with regional and state health authorities and the West Michigan COVID-19 Vaccine Collaborative to set up a vaccination program for the GVSU community. GVSU has requested a set of dosages based on our numbers of faculty, staff, and students.
- As details are finalized, information will be distributed through the Lakers Together site and, when appropriate, by e-mail.
- If you qualify for a COVID-19 vaccination based on the State’s prioritization schedule you may choose to schedule a vaccine at a health system or your public health department. Go to the vaccination registration website for west Michigan to identify a vaccination site of your choice and schedule a vaccine appointment.
- Grand Valley's Holland Campus will serve as the site where frontline workers will be vaccinated. GVSU has also published a follow-up story about the first vaccinations at the Holland Campus, with supporting video.
- Questions have been added to the daily self-assessment so that members of the GVSU community can report receiving one or both doses of the vaccine. Based on these reports, the data dashboard will be updated weekdays with cumulative vaccination counts.
- Individuals who are vaccinated must continue to follow face covering and social distancing rules while on campus.
Information About Vaccines
How CDC is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations
Grand Valley will host a panel discussion to hear an update on and ask questions about campus-wide COVID-19 mitigation efforts and vaccine planning. The panel discussion will take place TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23 from 11 a.m.-12p.m. Register to receive a link to the Zoom webinar.
This page is maintained by GVSU's Virus Action Team (VAT). Navigate to the other VAT-administered pages using the buttons above. For questions, concerns, or to report a non-emergency health/safety issue, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general questions contact the Lakers Together Call Center: (616) 331-INFO (4636). For personal health questions, call the 24/7 GVSU COVID Health Line (833) 734-0020.