Master of Science in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics at Grand Valley
The Health Informatics and Bioinformatics program (formerly "Medical and Bioinformatics program") utilizes computer technology to manage and analyze information in the life and health sciences. Grand Valley State University’s Master of Science degree in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics is designed to integrate university coursework with business and industrial internships to better prepare students for the variety of career paths associated with the life science and health science industries.
The Health Informatics and Bioinformatics M.S. P.S.M. program is part of Grand Rapids’ only Professional Science Master’s degree program. It is part of the School of Computing and Information Systems in the Seymour and Esther Padnos College of Engineering and Computing.
Why Study Health Informatics and Bioinformatics at GVSU?
- Innovative. An innovative program designed to integrate university coursework with business and health industry internships to educate informatics professionals for the future.
- Faculty Research Opportunities. Collaboration with faculty members on ongoing research.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities. Access to a high-performance computing laboratory for health informatics and bioinformatics needs.
- First-rate Faculty. Qualified faculty members with a wide breadth of experience in industry and research.
The Health Informatics and Bioinformatics M.S. P.S.M program is a minimum of 36 credits. The three PSM degree programs are interdisciplinary and feature common core courses. The health informatics and bioinformatics program features:
- Directed courses in health informatics and bioinformatics
- An internship
- A culminating capstone experience
See the Full List of Courses
The M.S. in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics P.S.M. application deadlines are July 1 for the Fall semester, November 1 for the Winter semester, and April 1 for the Spring/Summer semester. The $30 application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University.
For more information on tuition and fees, please visit the costs portion of the GVSU Financial Aid website. For financial support, scholarship search, and filing for FAFSA, please visit the GVSU Financial Support website.
Note: Grand Valley does not charge a higher tuition rate based on residency. Tuition is based on the program in which you chose to enroll.
AMIA Academic Forum
GVSU's Health Informatics and Bioinformatics Program is a member of AMIA's Academic Forum. Learn more about the Academic Forum.
Professional Science Master's
Learn more about the Professional Science Master's.