GVFaces: Brendan Estlick

January 25, 2022 (Volume 45, Number 10)

Grand Valley graduate Brendan Estlick was sworn in early December as a new public safety officer for the Grand Valley Police Department.

“I was born and raised in West Michigan, so this has always been my home,” Estlick said. “This is a job where I can go out and make a tangible difference in my community.”

After attending Muskegon Community College, Estlick transferred to Grand Valley to complete a bachelor's degree in criminal justice.

“I love Grand Valley’s culture and I love the environment here,” Estlick said.

In the future, Estlick said he may be interested in participating in GVPD’s training to be a field training officer.

“I didn’t really know what I wanted to do until I took a criminal justice class and discovered it was where I wanted to be,” Estlick said. “This is an honest job that I feel I can do happily.”

In his free time, Estlick enjoys spending time with his family and friends, playing video games, and working on his Mustang with his brother.

“I was super shy growing up, so this job really challenges me to be a more well-rounded and socially involved person,” Estlick said.

Categories

GVFaces

This article was last edited on January 24, 2022 at 8:34 a.m.

Related Articles

GVFaces: Justin Wendt

The executive chef received Pro Chef Level Two certification through the Culinary Institute of America. 

April 9, 2024 (Volume 47, Number 16)
Article by Samantha Drougel

GVFaces: Andrew Plague

The former Student Senate president now works in the west wing of the White House

March 26, 2024 (Volume 47, Number 15)

GVFaces: Isak Davis

As farm manager for the SAP, Davis said there's something for students of all majors to enjoy and explore.

March 12, 2024 (Volume 47, Number 14)