12 Solar blocks are equivalent to:
- Offsets of 192 tons of CO2
- 144 acres of trees
- Elimination of 60 tons of landfill waste
In addition to producing clean energy, the Solar Garden benefits in many other ways:
- The project will provide opportunities for local community engagement.
- GVSU's 500 kilowatt subscription will increase our renewable energy source by 25 times.
- The project will create educational opportunities for GVSU students and local emergency response training.
- The Solar Garden will promote sustainability goals of the institution and encourage student engagement.
- It will provide a viable, alternative energy opportunity for the university.