LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Fast Facts & Social Media
GVSU School of Engineering Facts
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.S.E.) degree programs were established in the mid-1980s specifically in response to demand from local industry and students.
- B.S.E. degree programs in computer engineering, electrical engineering, interdisciplinary engineering, mechanical engineering, and product design and manufacturing engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.) degree programs in biomedical engineering, electrical and computer engineering, manufacturing operations, mechanical engineering, and product design and manufacturing engineering.
- 100% co-op for B.S.E. degree program, constituting one year of full-time, paid work.
- Nearly 100% employment annually.
- Over 100,000 sq ft of industrial-grade facilities.
- Historically, nearly $3 million in materials invested by local industry in the interdisciplinary senior capstone projects
- The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) is highlighting the School of Engineering as one of six institutions that are "Going The Distance" with proven retention practices.
- Named as an “Exemplar of Real World Engineering Education” by the National Academy of Engineering.
- One of the top 50 undergraduate engineering programs in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report).