For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
We would like to warn everyone to remain vigilant for scams related to coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). Cyber criminals may send phishing emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts or calls related to COVID-19.
We encourage individuals to remain vigilant and take the following precautions:
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments
- Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites—for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information
- Continue to visit www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus for all university communications, as well as our current guidelines, polices and prevention measures
If you feel you have received a phishing email please report it to the IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-2101.