State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs)
What are SCECHs?
State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) are hours earned by attending professional education offerings provided by SCECH Sponsors and approved by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). These hours can be used for renewal and progression of certificates and licenses issued by the MDE.
Who Needs SCECHs?
Individuals who hold the following certificates are eligible to use SCECHs for renewal:
- Professional Education Certificate
- Occupational Certificate
- School Psychologist Certificate
- School Counselor License
- School Administrator
- Standard Teaching Certificate (previously Provisional Certificate)
How Do I Earn SCECHs?
Beginning Fall 2022, SCECHs are available at no cost to participants, for attending CSO sponsored professional education offerings!
- You do not have to attend all sessions in a series to earn SCECHs; the number of SCECHs you earn is based on the sessions that you attend
- The attendance record for each session or series will be uploaded to the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS) by the SCECH Sponsor
Following a single session or the final session in a multi-session series, you will receive an email directing you to MOECS to review your personal account and complete an evaluation. After completion of the evaluation, your SCECHs will be awarded.
- You will have 30 days after a program is uploaded to update your personal account and complete the evaluation
- If you do not receive an evaluation email notification within 20 days, please check your MOECS account
Personal Identification Code (PIC)
A PIC is required to register for SCECHs. To locate your PIC, log in to MOECS. Using the Navigation Menu “Manage Demographics” on the left side of the screen, move to the “Personal Information” screen. If you have a PIC, it will be located adjacent to the PIC field.