LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Beginning June 22, 2020, The University Counseling Center will offer telehealth services, at no cost, to students who are enrolled at GVSU and are currently in Michigan.
Services will be provided via Doxy.me, a video communication platform designed for healthcare professionals. Doxy.me meets privacy standards for FERPA and HIPAA.
What to expect:
Telehealth services are conducted by University Counseling Center clinicians who have been trained in telehealth and are competent to use the necessary technology.
- During telehealth services both the student and clinician should be in a private space, free from interruption and distraction.
- All professional standards of face-to-face counseling apply to telehealth services.
- Students must be located within the state of Michigan to be eligible for telehealth services.
- If you are unable or have concerns about video communication, phone services are also available.
- If a student is being seen via telehealth and moves outside the state of Michigan during treatment, the therapist will work with the student to arrange off-campus treatment, in accordance with policies pertaining to continuation of care and transfer of services.