The University Counseling Center offers telehealth services, at no cost, to students who are enrolled at GVSU and are currently in Michigan.
Services are provided via Doxy.me, a video communication platform designed for healthcare professionals. Doxy.me meets privacy standards for FERPA and HIPAA.
What to expect:
Telehealth services are conducted by University Counseling Center clinicians who have been trained in telehealth and are competent to use the necessary technology.
- During telehealth services both the student and clinician should be in a private space, free from interruption and distraction.
- All professional standards of face-to-face counseling apply to telehealth services.
- Students must be located within the state of Michigan to be eligible for telehealth services.
- If you are unable or have concerns about video communication, phone services are also available.
- If a student is being seen via telehealth and moves outside the state of Michigan during treatment, the therapist will work with the student to arrange off-campus treatment, in accordance with policies pertaining to continuation of care and transfer of services.