Eric Klingensmith, Psy.D.
Associate Director, Director of Clinical and Crisis Services
Licensed Psychologist, Professional Emergency Manager, Michigan, Specialty Program in Alcohol and Drug Abuse
University of Central Florida (B.S.), Antioch New England Graduate School (Psy.D.)
StrengthsFinder Top 5: Harmony, Consistency, Learner, Achiever, Communication
Approach to Therapy: I work with individuals using a primarily cognitive-behavioral approach within a short-term therapy model. I work with clients to help them learn skills and tools that they can take with them and use in their life to help them enjoy a good quality of life.
Campus and Community Involvement:
- Emergency response and preparedness
- Instructor in the School of Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration
- CPR and First Aid
- Volunteer with American Red Cross Disaster
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Alcohol and Drug Education and Prevention
- Getting enough sleep
- Making time for fun, activities, and friends
- Disconnect with movies
- Exploring new restaurants
- Local live shows (comedy, music, theatre)
- My science and space geek side loved living in Florida when I was growing up because I could see Kennedy Space Center rocket launches from my front yard on clear days.
- I am a certified SCUBA diver and have done a dive at Disney’s Living Seas at EPCOT.