Chris Pierrant, LLPC
Limited Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC)
Grand Valley State University (B.S), Spring Arbor University (M.A.)
Email: [email protected]
StrengthsFinder Top 5: Empathy, Positivity, Intellection, Input, and Individualization
Approach to Therapy: My theoretical orientation is rooted in a holistic approach to viewing the client through a multicultural lens. It recognizes the influence of the intersecting identities, the barriers to change, and how they impact one's mental health. My approach facilitates exploring one's emotions by learning to accept feelings rather than fighting against them and using mindfulness-based practices to attain a more meaningful life by maintaining connections, identifying values, and taking action to promote change.
Campus and Community Involvement:
- A Glimpse of Africa
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Social Justice Issues
- Multicultural & Diversity
- Walking my dog (cutest Pomeranian)
- Shopping (cannot turn down a sale)
- Spending quality time with friends and family.
- Foodie (Going out to eat, tasting new cuisine)
- I love running 5ks, helps me relieve stress!
- I have played the flute since I was in the 5th grade.