Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC)
Students who plan to earn a Michigan teaching certificate must take and pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) in their major, minor, and endorsement(s), if applicable. This ensures each certified teacher has the necessary professional readiness and content knowledge to serve in Michigan schools. Official Results must be sent directly to GVSU (test code 12).
Visit www.mttc.nesinc.com for information about:
- Test Dates
- Online MTTC Test Registration
- Score Reporting
- Study Guides
- MTTC Test frequently asked questions (FAQ)
For Testing Accommodations, review the requirements needed with your Disability Support Resources advisor, www.gvsu.edu/dsr.
Study Guides and Resources
- CLAS Advising Center's MTTC Content Area Test information
- MTTC Flash Cards (available for each subject)
- MoMetrix eLibrary (online access to study guides available through the GVSU Library)
Click on Teaching, then scroll down and select the MTTC test(s) you are interested in. You may need to log-in through the Library in order to access this database.
- Disability Support Resources: www.gvsu.edu/dsr.
Reducing Test Anxiety
If you suffer from test anxiety please read this PDF guide, Dealing with Test Anxiety, to identify and cope with stress.