Mission, Vision, DEIA, & Values
The CLAS Academic Advising Center offers accessible, accurate, timely, and consistent academic advising to all students pursuing majors and/or minors offered by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
The academic advising and support provided by the CLAS Academic Advising Center at Grand Valley State University are an integral part of a student-focused, learner-centered, and collaborative relationship between students, faculty advisors, and professional advising staff. We strive to integrate student learning and student goals and abilities with the development of an appropriate academic plan.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access (DEIA) Statement
The CLAS Academic Advising Center is dedicated to integrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in all aspects of our work. We aim to provide an inclusive, safe environment where all students feel respected and heard in their interactions with advisors and other staff.
- An academically rigorous educational experience grounded in the liberal arts
- A diverse student population to provide a rich educational experience
- Accessibility and utilization by all College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students to multiple levels of student support programs
- Persistence and academic achievement by our students
- A student/advisor relationship built on mutual respect, understanding and acceptance of the differences each person brings to the partnership
- Student acquisition of knowledge and experiences and the integration of this information into the development of appropriate and achievable academic and life goals
To view Grand Valley State University's Undergraduate Academic Advising Mission Statement, click here.