Education & Trainings
Members of the CARE Team are available to provide education and training to GVSU students, staff, and faculty.
Audiences leave our presentation understanding:
- The History of Higher Ed Case Management
- Information about CARE Team procedures
- What behaviors might represent an increased risk for danger
- How to appropriately communicate with someone about whom you are concerned
- What resources are available throughout the University
- How to Submit a CARE report
For more information or to schedule an outreach presentation, e-mail email@example.com.
Adams, S.D., Hazelwood, S., & Hayden B. (2014) Student affairs case management: Merging social work theory with student affairs practice. Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 51(4), 446-458. doi: 10.1515/jsarp-2014-0044
Higher Education Mental Health Alliance. (2013). Balancing safety and support: A guide for campus teams. The Jed Foundation. Retrieved from http://www.jedfoundation.org
National Behavioral Intervention Team Association, & American College Counseling Association (2012). Case management in higher education. Publication of the National Behavioral Intervention Team Association and the American College Counseling Association . Retrieved from https://nabita.org/resources/
Wilson, C., Powell, A., Woodley, E., Nelson-Moss, T. M., Blamey, A., & Thibodeau, T. (2013) The History of Case Management in Higher Education. Publication of the Higher Education Case Managers Association. Retrieved from www.hecma.org