LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
How to File a Complaint
You may consult with many offices regarding a possible violation of the university's Anti-Harassment Policy informally in several different ways:
- A University Faculty/Staff member may consult with the Human Resources Office. See Contact Information.
- A University student may consult with the Dean of Students Office. See Contact Information.
- Any member of the campus community or visitor may consult with the Office of Affirmative Action in the Division of Inclusion and Equity. See Contact Information.
Individuals wishing to file a formal complaint under this policy, must reach out to the Title IX Office. Complaints may be submitted via email to:
Theresa Rowland, M.Ed.
Title IX Coordinator and Equity Officer
In order to begin a formal investigation, complaints should also include:
- A written description of the allegation(s);
- The name of the alleged offender (respondent);
- The type of alleged offense;
- A summary of the alleged discrimination;
- What action (if any) have been taken thus far; and
- Whether the individual has filed a complaint with any other office on campus or external agency
Individuals are welcome to meet with a member of the Division of Inclusion and Equity to learn about the process, before filing a complaint.
Kathleen VanderVeen, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President for Equity, Planning and Compliance & ADA Officer
Address: 1 Campus Drive, 4035 James H. Zumberge Hall, Allendale, MI 49401
Phone: (616) 331-3296
Theresa Rowland, M.Ed.,Title IX Coordinator & Equity Officer/Director
Address: 1 Campus Drive, 4000 James H. Zumberge Hall, Allendale, MI 49401
Phone: (616) 331-9530