External Resources & Sources
External Sources & Practices
- Western Washington University, Best Practices in Recruiting and Retraining Faculty of Color
- University of Norte Dame, Distinction through Diversity: A Plan for Recruitment and Retention of Faculty of Color
- Loyola Marymount University, Strategies for Increasing Faculty Diversity
- University of California Office for the President, Faculty Diversity Initiatives
- University of California, San Diego, Best-Practice Strategies for Inclusive Faculty Recruitment
- University of California, Davis, Academic Personnel Manual
- Stanford University, Search Committee Resources and Faculty Search Toolkit
- Michigan State University Handbook, Best Practices for a Successful Academic Search: Practical Tips & Resources for Recruiting a Diverse Faculty
- MIT, Faculty Search Committee Handbook
- University of Michigan: STRIDE (Science and Technology Recruiting to Improve Diversity and Excellence), Handbook for Faculty Searches and Hiring
- University of Washington, Faculty Recruitment Toolkit
- University of Wisconsin at Madison, Searching for Excellence and Diversity: A guide for search committee chairs
- Recruitment Data Analysis Project, University of California
Research to Support Inclusive Hiring Practices
- Correll & Benard (2006). Racial and gender bias in hiring.
- Bernat & Fuegen (2001). Shifting standards and the evaluation of competence: Complexity in gender-based judgment and decision making.
- Turner, Viernes, Gonzalez, & Wood (2008). Faculty of color in academe: What 20 years of literature tells us.
- Committee on the Guide to Recruiting and Advancing Women Scientists and Engineering in Academia (2006).
- Gasman, Kim, & Nguyen (2011). Effectively recruiting faculty of color at highly selective institutions: A school of education case study.
- Valian (1998). Why so slow? The Advancement of Women.