Accounting Alumni Affinity network
The mission of the GVSU Accounting Alumni Affinity Network is: Building Community and Opportunity among Alumni, Friends, and Students. This affinity network sponsors a number of activities and programs centered on this mission, including:
- The accounting mentor program, which pairs GVSU accounting students with mentors.
- The annual golf outing, which raises funds for accounting scholarships and the School of Accounting development fund.
- Continuing Professional Education opportunities
- Periodic happy hour events and the annual reunion.
- Opportunities to volunteer in the classroom by participating in juried presentations or speaking on various topics
Students are encouraged to become a part of the Accounting Alumni Affinity Network upon graduation. Not only is this a great way to stay in touch with friends you’ve made in school and network with other professionals, it is also a wonderful way to give back to the School of Accounting.
GVSU Accounting Alumni Affinity Network Executive Board
President: Victoria Thompson (Plante Moran)
VP Social Events: Taj Hollis (Deloitte)
VP Recruitment and Retention: Kelsey Anderson (Mary Freed Bed Rehabilitation Hospital & Adjunct Professor at GVSU)
VP Student and Faculty Relations: TBD
VP Fundraising: Lauren de la Rosa (Meijer)
General Board Members: Nate Glardon (Plante Moran), Niki Nelson (BDO), and Erin Kelleher (Plante Moran)
Faculty Advisor: Cheryl Dunn