LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Student-Initiated Combined Degree
Pursuing a combined degree program can reduce the cost and
total time required to complete both a bachelor's and a master's degree.
The student-initiated combined degree program offers students the opportunity to combine undergraduate and graduate degree programs that meet their unique personal, academic, and career goals. Working with faculty advisors, students can combine degrees from different disciplines and tailor their own student-centered and goal-driven educational experience.
Why pursue a Student-Initiated Combined Degree at Grand Valley?
- Accelerate your career trajectory and complete your degree one step ahead of the competition.
- Respond to emerging job markets.
- Take advantage of creative academic programming that is tailored to your specific goals.
- Meet the growing national need for more master's trained employees.
- Gain valuable internship and career opportunities through partnerships in the West Michigan area.
If interested, you should:
- Discuss your interest with your undergraduate advisor and the graduate program director to determine suitability;
- Complete a Student-Initiated Combined Degree request form;
- Begin the approval process with your undergraduate advisor.