LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Professional Science Master's
The professional science master's (PSM) degree trains students in both science and professional skills, which makes graduates highly competitive in the workforce. There are five PSM programs offered:
- Applied Statistics, M.S.
- Biostatistics, M.S.
- Cell and Molecular Biology (biotechnology), M.S.
- Data Science and Analytics, M.S.
- Health Informatics and Bioinformatics, M.S.
For information on each PSM, visit gvsu.edu/psm/.
Why Study PSM at Grand Valley?
- The PSM offers two years of training in respective biological or
computer science courses along with professional training in the
workplace, including business, communications, and regulatory
- The demand for professionals working in all of the PSM fields is
high, with projections continuing to be positive in the coming years.
- The programs are tailored toward working professionals, offering
flexible class schedules with evening meetings. Learning includes a
combination of coursework, professional internships and other
experiential learning programs.
- Local partners such as Charles River Labs, Empirical Biosciences,
Kent County Health Department, Michigan State University, MiHIN, and
many more provide students with excellent internship and career opportunities.
- Graduates are employed at reputable companies nationwide,
including Amway, Priority Health, Van Andel Research Institute,
Meijer, Spectrum Health, Steelcase, Cisco Systems, NxGenMDx, and Zoetis.