Referrals to College of Community & Public Service Undergraduate Academic Programs
When working with potential CCPS major or minor students we ask that you use the CCPS resources available to you (and them!) to review the most up to date information. We work closely with the CCPS program faculty so that we understand why certain classes should be taken before others even though it’s not a technical pre-requisite. These resources can assist you with understanding course sequencing or pre-requisite issues. You can view the advising guides we have developed to help students review what is necessary to complete a degree in one of the CCPS programs. The major worksheets also include a section which details minor requirements if a student is interested in adding a minor in one of our program areas.
Best Practices for Referrals
- Use our web resources to resolve any immediate issues and then refer them to the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center for follow up and appropriate long-term planning with an academic advisor.
- Please do not create long-term plans with prospective students. We are best equipped to handle the specifics of the CCPS programs and the conversation can be challenging if the student presents a long-term plan created with an advisor that is not accurate.
- If a student decides on a CCPS major or minor while meeting with you, please help them declare it online so they receive communication from an advisor and an invitation to come in and talk with us.
- Please direct students to our website as there is A LOT of really useful information for them (and you!) to review if they are interested in one of these programs. While you are here, feel free to take a look around at the information available.
- Please let us help you! If you have a question or concern while working with a student call us at 616-331-6890 or send us an email to email@example.com. If we are not with students we’ll try to help you immediately. If we’re not available, we’ll get back with you ASAP. You can also have the student send us an email or give us a call!
If you have any additional questions or comments regarding student referrals, please let us know!