Social Media Intern Position
The Grand Valley social media team is looking for a social media intern to join the University Communications office. The internship will provide first-hand experience in social media content strategy, management, development and production.
- 10-15 hours a week
- Paid, flexible schedule
- Must be an avid and sophisticated consumer and user of social media, and have familiarity and experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Must be fluent in Snap, as the position will largely focus on developing the university's presence and strategy.
- Brainstorm and create engaging content for the Grand Valley State University’s nearly 200,000 followers across all platforms.
- Collaborate with social media managers and fellow social media interns on long-term projects, such as campaign strategy, and short-term projects, such as monitoring analytics.
- Stay current with emerging social media trends and evaluate their potential use at Grand Valley.
- Grand Valley student, any major.
- Understanding of the role of social media for a business, specifically for a university or college.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and on a team.
- Knowledge of role of photography, graphics and videography in social media engagement and content creation.
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include an image and caption you think followers would love on @GVSU Instagram.
- Include two Snapchat story ideas for gvsuofficial.
- Include three written tweet examples for the @gvsu Twitter account.