Social Media Intern Position
The Grand Valley social media team is looking for a social media intern to join the University Communications office. The internship will provide first-hand experience in social media content strategy, management, development and production.
· 10-15 hours a week
· Paid, flexible schedule
· Must be an avid and sophisticated consumer and user of social media, and have familiarity and professional experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat.
· Brainstorm and create engaging content for the Grand Valley State University’s 260,000+ followers across all platforms.
· Collaborate with social media managers and fellow social media interns on long-term projects, such as campaign strategy, and short-term projects, such as monitoring analytics.
· Inherent curiosity with researching emerging social media trends and evaluating their potential use at Grand Valley.
· Grand Valley student, any major.
· Understanding of the role of social media for a business, specifically for a university or college.
· Self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and on a team.
· Knowledge of role of photography, graphics and videography in social media engagement and content creation.
· Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
· Include an image and caption you think followers would love on @GVSU Instagram.
· Include two Instagram Story story ideas for @GVSU.
· Include three written examples of tweets for the @GVSU Twitter account.