Special Events Insurance

Special Events Insurance

Special Event Liability provides Commercial General Liability coverage for short-term needs. For example, if you'd like to rent a facility either on or off campus, you may be required to evidence General Liability insurance. Special Event Liability can often be used to satisfy the requirements in your rental or facility use contract. The coverage is particularly important if you need to add someone as an Additional Insured. Also, if alcohol will be served at your event, these policies can often be endorsed to include a Liquor Liability rider. 

If you're interested in securing a quote for this coverage one option is a GradGuard product available through Campus Connexions. You can visit their site here.  Another option for your consideration is available through URMIA. You can secure a quick quote on their site, at this website.

Please note that if you don't find a product here that fits your needs, or if the pricing is not attractive, we encourage you to speak to your own Insurance Agent, or research available coverages elsewhere. 

The products available through GradGuard Campus Connexions and URMIA are voluntary. GVSU does not warrant the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products or services offered, nor does it imply an endorsement of the views, information or products provided by this service. All transactions, communications and administration of the insurance products and services are strictly between the user and the service providers. GVSU does not benefit financially in any way from your purchase of any insurance product. 

Page last modified November 20, 2020