Renter's Insurance

Renters Insurance is recommended for all students, whether living on campus, or off.  This insurance can provide coverage for loss to your own property, and it can protect you if you're responsible for damage to your residence hall, apartment, or neighbor's property. For example accidental damage to your room and contents, residential common areas, or other units in your residence.  

If you're interested in securing a quote for this coverage, one option is a GradGuard product available through Campus Connexions. You can visit their site here

Please note that if you don't find a product here that fits your needs, or if the pricing is not attractive, we encourage you to speak to your own Insurance Agent, or research available coverages elsewhere. There are a number of alternative companies offering coverage that may be suitable for your needs.

The products available through GradGuard and Campus Connexions are voluntary. GVSU does not warrant the reliability, quality or effectiveness of any products or services offered, nor does it imply an endorsement of the views, information or products provided by this service. All transactions, communications and administration of the insurance products and services are strictly between the user and the service providers. GVSU does not benefit financially in any way from your purchase of any insurance product. 

Page last modified November 20, 2020