Social Media Student Assistant
Now accepting applications!
The Social Media Assistant is responsible for developing and overseeing all social media accounts for Recreation & Wellness. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills, including flexibility, creativity, time management, and attention to detail. The ability to take on the tone/voice of an organization is important. Knowing the Recreation and Wellness brand and programs we offer will be important for this role.
The position is reports to Recreation & Wellness' Marketing and Communications Coordinator and works in collaboration with other students on the team.
This position has been filled for Winter 2024
Interested applicants are welcome to apply for future open positions!
Compensation: Paid position
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus
- Creating, scheduling, and posting content on the Recreation & Wellness social media accounts:
- Track and report web, email, and social media analytics.
- Research social media best practices and strategies.
- Stay current with emerging social media trends and evaluate their potential use for Recreation & Wellness.
- Interact with students, faculty, staff, and community members via the Recreation & Wellness social media accounts.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team and attend weekly meetings.
- Collaborate with other campus departments and social channels to promote events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a current GVSU student enrolled in at least 6 credits.
- Majoring in Writing, English, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field and/or the proven ability to manage social media accounts.
- Understanding of the role of social media for a business, specifically for a university or college.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills & good time management.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Professional attitude and active in some part of Recreation & Wellness.
If you decide to pursue this opportunity as a credit-bearing internship, you will need to get approval from your academic department prior to the start of the academic semester in which you wish to register for the internship.
If you obtain this internship and register to receive academic credit, you may be eligible to receive a monetary GVSU Career Services Internship Award (provided you have financial need documented through a FAFSA). Award criteria and application materials are available under the Internship section on our web site at www.gvsu.edu/careers.