Group Exercise Instructor Mentorship Program
Recreation & Wellness takes on GVSU students who have little or no experience teaching that are looking for help in the process of obtaining a professional certification and want to gain skills as an instructor.
Aspiring instructors/students are paired up with more experienced instructors who help them develop their skills as they slowly take on more and more teaching responsibility over the course of a semester.
- Enrolled as a GVSU student
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing and/or minimally 2 semesters remaining at GVSU
- Plan to obtain a nationally recognized certification or currently have a certification with no teaching experience
- Fill out an application for the Mentorship program.
- Applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted in early August for more information regarding interests, goals, and more.
- Mentees will be selected a few week after the semester begins. The number will vary based on the number of skilled mentor instructors available.
- Sign-on as a mentee and agree to expectations of the development program.
- Upon completion of the program, qualified mentees may have the opportunity to complete a demo class as part of the hiring/selection process to become an instructor for Recreation & Wellness
Questions? Contact Malia Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org