Policy Details

Date of Last Update

Approved By
  • Senior Leadership Team

Responsible Office
Human Resources


Print Policy
Export Policy As PDF

Identification Card Policy

SLT 4.4

Policy Statement

Grand Valley State University issues a photo identification card to all active faculty and staff members who have a full-time, part-time or temporary appointment. This card is to be used for purposes of identification at all Grand Valley campuses. Lost or stolen ID cards should be reported to Human Resources. In the event of a name change, a new card will be issued.

ID cards for faculty and staff members can be obtained by visiting the Allendale Student Assistance Center at 150 STU on the Allendale campus, or the Student Assistance Center in the DeVos Center in downtown Grand Rapids. Retirees may also obtain an ID card at these locations.

Upon separating from the University, faculty and staff members will turn in their ID cards to Human Resources. ID cards belong to Grand Valley State University and are not transferable nor can they be used by anyone other than the person to whom it was issued.