LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Dr. Milun J. Rakovic (Assistant Chair)
Professor of Physics & Assistant Chair
243 Padnos Hall of Science
Department of Physics
Tel: (616) 331-3712
Fax: (616) 331-3740
- Ph.D. Physics Department, University of Belgrade, Serbia (1990)
- M.S. Physics Department, University of Belgrade, Serbia (1986)
- B.S. Technical Physics Department, University of Belgrade, Serbia (1980)
- Professor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, Aug. 2016 - Present.
- Associate Professor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, Fall 2008 - 2016
- Assistant Professor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, Fall 2003 - 2007.
- Visiting Instructor of Physics, Grand Valley State University, Fall 2002 - Winter 2003.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL), 2002 - 2003.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Texas A & M University, Fall 1998 - 1999.
- Associate Research Professor, Department of Theoretical Physics, Institute of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia, 1998 - 1999.
- Assistant Research Professor, Department of Theoretical Physics, Institute of Physics, University of Belgrade, Serbia, 1992 - 1997.
- PHY 220 & 221: General Physics I & II
- PHY 230 & 231: Principles of Physics I & II
- PHY 303: World after Einstein
- PHY 306: Physics of Sports
- PHY 350: Intermediate Quantum Physics
- PHY 360: Statistical Thermodynamics
- PHY 440: Advanced Electricity & Magnetism
- PHY 450: Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Theoretical atomic physics.
- Nonlinear dynamics.
Research with Undergraduate Students
- Nicholas Pike: Bells Inequality, 2008.
- Gaetan Vangysegham: A Numerical Study of Integrable and Chaotic Hamiltonian Systems, 2006.
- Brian Page: Coulomb problem and O(4) group, 2005.
- Amer Hodzic: Dynamics of Charged Pendulum, 2004.
- M. J. Rakovi\'c, "A charged particle interacting with a stationary magnetic monopole: quantum mechanics based on the kinetic momentum operators," J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 44, 475306, 2011.
- R. Ali, P. A. Neil, P. Beiersdorfer, C. L. Harris, M. J. Rakovi\'c, J. G. Wang, D. R. Schultz, and P. C. Stancil, "On the significance of the contribution of multiple-electron capture process to cometary X-ray emission, " ApJ 629, L125, 2005.
- M. J. Rakovi/'c, D. R. Schultz, P. C. Stancil, and R.K. Janev, "On quantum-classical correspondence in classical studies of atomic processes," J. Phys. A 34, 4753, 2001.
- M. J. Rakovi\'c and George W. Kattawar, "Theoretical analysis of polarization patterns from incoherent backscattering of light," Appl. Opt. 37, 3333, 1998.
- M. J. Rakovi\'c and Shih-I Chu, "New integrable systems: Hydrogen atom in external fields," Physica D 81, 271, 1995.
- T. P. Grozdanov and M. J. Rakovi\'c, "Periodic orbit theory of broad resonances in two dimensional hydrogenic Stark effect," J. Phys. A 24, 5517, 1991.