Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can't find the answer to your question here, please contact us.
How can I change my tax/ direct deposit information? To change your tax or Direct Deposit information, you just need to fill out a new form and send it to Payroll. They can be found online on our forms page, or stop by our office in 1035 James H. Zumberge Hall.
Where can I pick up my check? You will need to pick up a paper check if you are not enrolled in direct deposit. Faculty, Staff and Students may pick up their check at the Student Assistance Center at the campus where they work. For Allendale, it is located in the Student Services Building (150 STU). For Grand Rapids, it is located in DeVos (115C).
I will be gone when my next paycheck arrives. How can I have it mailed to me? Leave a self-addressed stamped envelope at the Student Assistance Center where you currently pick up your checks. They will be able to mail the check to you from there.
- Print it off on My Banner
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- G-Number (or last 4 digits of SSN)
- Mailing Address (if you are going to pick up the W-2 in person, please indicate that in the email message and please bring a photo ID with you.)
- Indicate that you would like a reprint of your W-2
- You can stop by the Payroll Office in 1035 James H. Zumberge Hall and fill out a W-2 request form. If you are going to pick up the W-2 in person, please bring a photo ID with you.
- You may fill out the change of address form and return it to our office.
- You may also change your address information on Banner self service.
What is needed to make a name change? For details on how to change your name, please click here.
What can I do if I lost my check? Immediately contact payroll (email@example.com) reporting that your check was either lost or stolen. Please give us your name, G-Number, and date(s) of check(s) (if known).
Why does UltraTime only work with certain browsers? The main issue UltraTime has with browsers like Google Chrome or Safari is on the original login page. Both browsers save "cached" versions of pages to save time and make internet browsing faster. Typically this is a great thing! However, it also means these browsers will save error versions of pages, giving users the impression that they aren't successfully logging into UltraTime, when they actually are. There are other aspects of both browsers that allow for faster page rendering time, but that aren't compatible with some of the formatting within UltraTime. For both of these reasons, we recommend using Internet Explorer or Firefox.