myGVSU Climate Survey 2015 Timeline
Learn more about the myGVSU Climate Survey 2015 set to take place in November. Jesse Bernal, Vice President for Inclusion and Equity and Kathleen Vanderveen, Assistant Vice President for Inclusion and Equity will share information about the process and instrument being used for the 2015 study. In addition, they will discuss actions and initiatives that have been informed by past climate data including data from GVSU's most recent survey in 2011. Members of the campus community will have an opportunity to ask questions and provide input prior to the November survey.
- September 23rd - 1:00-2:30 PM - Pere Marquette Room (2204 Kirkhof Center, Allendale)
- September 24th - 12:00-1:30 PM - Hager Auditorium (119 CHS building, Grand Rapids)
- September 29th - 12:00-1:30 PM - Loosemore Auditorium (122E DeVos, Grand Rapids)
- October 7th - 12:00-1:00 PM - Multipurpose Room, Mary Idema Pew Library (030 LIB, Allendale)
Meetings of the myGVSU 2015 Advisory Committee are held in James H. Zumberge Hall, room 3062. They are open to all faculty, staff, and students.
- Thursday, September 17 - 3:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, September 24 - 3:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, October 8 - 3:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, October 22 - 3:00-4:00 PM - CANCELED
- Monday, November 2 - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Monday, November 16 - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - CANCELED
November 12th, 6:00-8:00 PM - myGVSU Launch Party in the
- Stop by the LGBT Resource Center, Office of Multicultural Affairs, or Women's Center to fill out the myGVSU Climate Survey. Feel free to bring your own laptop or mobile device. iPads and laptops will be available.
- Free Dinner: Make-Your-Own Taco bar and cookies
- Over $200 in campus dining gift cards will be raffled off to students who complete the survey during the launch party.
November 12th - Check your GVSU email for a personal
invitation and link to participate in the survey
- The survey is being administered by Amplitude Research, Inc. They will send personalized links to all GVSU community members. The email will come from Vice President Jesse Bernal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 17th - Reminder #1 will be sent to all those who
have not completed the survey
- Amplitude Research, Inc. will re-send your personalized link. The email will come from Assistant Vice President Kathleen VanderVeen at email@example.com.
November 20th - Last Chance Reminder #2 will be sent to all
those who have not completed the survey
- Amplitude Research, Inc. will re-send your personalized link. The email will come from Associate Vice Provost Marlene Kowalski-Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 20th - Challenge to students from Vice President Blue
- Lynn Blue emailed all students offering to add an additional $2,000 grant if they reached 40% participation
- Survey was extended and left open until Monday, November 23rd at 5:00PM.
This portion of the timeline is still in development. Please check back for additional dates and details.
- Tuesday, November 24th - Winners of the tuition and professional development grants contacted
- Friday, December 4th (11:30 AM - 12:30 PM) - Luncheon for grant recipients with President Haas and Vice President Bernal
- Data cleaning and analyzation (December 2015 - January 2016)
Wednesday, March 2, 2016 - Campus-wide meeting to
- 3:00-4:30 p.m. in the Pere Marquette Room (2204 Kirkhof Center)
- And live online at gvsu.edu/mygvsu (Online participants will be able to ask questions)
Tuesday, March 22nd - Student Focused Climate
- 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room of the Mary Idema Pew Library
- More details to come!
Wednesday, April 20th - Action Team Kickoff meeting
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in JHZ 3000
- Interested in being part of one of the Action Teams? RSVP to email@example.com
- Late April/Early May - Action Teams Convened
- Action Teams convened - April/May 2016
- Expanded Findings Report released on December 5, 2016
- Action Teams continue to meet, review data, develop recommendations - Winter Semester 2017
- Action Teams submit recommendations to the Vice President for Inclusion and Equity - March 2017
- Open Forums to discuss recommendations and ongoing efforts - March 30, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. in the Pere Marquette Room (2204) of the Kirkhof Center
*Requests for new data or additional analysis will not be considered until January 2017.