Thank you for your participation in the 2021 Climate Survey! Watch for the results here.
In late Fall 2021, all students, faculty, and staff members were encouraged to participate in the myGVSU climate survey online, to confidentially tell us what it is like to learn, live, and work at Grand Valley State University. This was the seventh climate survey to be conducted at Grand Valley. It helps to support the goal of providing a rich, inclusive learning and working environment that supports our Reach Higher 2025 commitment to creating a culture of educational equity.
The following efforts are planned as initial next steps:
- Release of the HEDS Comparison Report.
- HEDS researchers conducted LGBTQ+ community focus groups in fall 2022, and released a summary report. Other underrepresented groups will be invited to participate in focus groups in winter 2023.
- Division-level review of data and findings led by each vice president.
- GVSU sent a cross-divisional team, including a faculty representative, to a HEDS institute in October 2022 to take a deeper dive into the results, especially as it pertains to student success.
- The Division of Inclusion and Equity will begin providing more in-depth, division and college-specific results in fall 2022.
- Develop work plan to analyze the qualitative data for themes.
- Commission a new Inclusion and Equity Activation and Accountability Team (details available here).