Welcome new and returning coaches! The Region 12 Tournament is host to schools in Kent, Muskegon, and Ottawa counties. Please follow the instructions listed below and email the MSO Region 12 Tournament's Staff if you have any questions.
Region 12 Tournament Registration Update
HEAD COACHES: Once you have registered through Avogadro (step 1 below), please register your team using the Region 12 Tournament Registration form (link below). This form will provide us with specific information we need for the Region 12 Tournament being held at Grand Valley State University. (Region 12 Tournament registration will open in late January 2024.)
Please read this important information: Registration for the 2023-2024 season will take place using the new Avogadro registration system. This new system allows you to register and pay for both your regional and state/national tournament fees at the same time!
COST TO PARTICIPATE:
- State/National registration fees are $250 for a primary team and $100 for an alternate team.
- Region 12 registration fees are $50 for all competing teams.
- There is a late payment fee of $100 if registration is not completed by December 16, 2023.
- Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Register on Avogadro
Follow the tutorial listed on the state website to register your team through Avogadro.
1. TEAMS MUST REGISTER at the Michigan Science Olympiad website. Click on the Regional/State Registration link below.
MICHIGAN SCIENCE OLYMPIAD REGISTRATION SITE:
Register with Region 12 Tournament
2. NEXT STEP for HEAD COACHES: Register your team through the Region 12 Tournament Registration page. This form will provide us with specific information we need for the Region 12 Tournament being held at Grand Valley State University. Due by TBD at 5:00 pm.
Region 12 Tournament Registration - Coming January 2024
Watch for upcoming information on self-scheduling for events!
Coming Up! Self-scheduling for Region 12 Tournament Events
- Coaches must register their teams on Avogadro. Avogadro will be used by all teams to self-schedule events.
- Self-scheduling selections are made on a first come, first served basis.
- Self-scheduling for primary teams opens on TBD at 8:00 am and closes on TBD at 10:00 pm.
- Self-scheduling for alternate teams opens on TBD at 7:00 am and closes on TBD at 10:00 pm.
- Self-scheduled alternate teams must compete after the primary team for their school.
Rule books are now available electronically on the National Science Olympiad website
Team member tournament participation certificates will be requested by the team's Head Coach via the Region 12 Tournament Registration form. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] .
Region 12 Science Olympiad Button Artwork