Transitions and Transformations Event
Join Grand Valley's Marketing Department for our Transitions and Transformations Event!
Registration will open on May 31st.
More information about submissions and event content can be found here.
Unlock the door to how CONSUMERS BUY & SELL
The essence of marketing is knowing what consumers want and finding ways to meet their needs. Your Marketing education will merge psychology, sociology, technology, anthropology and business principles to provide a solid understanding of how the world buys and sells. Marketing jobs are everywhere: nearly half the U.S. economy is involved in the marketing process. Gain a broad marketing education or get more specific with one of our emphasis programs.
We Offer Three Tracks
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - General Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Marketing with emphasis in Distribution & Logistics
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Marketing with emphasis in Sales
What a Marketing Degree Can Do For You
A career in marketing gives you the chance to influence almost every aspect of business:
- Research: Marketing research is vital to an organization’s success. Every business needs individuals who can gather and analyze information for future decision-making.
- Strategy: Marketing insight is critical for a firm’s strategic planning. All firm activities should be guided by the firm’s strategic plan and the department’s strategic plan. Understanding how these plans are constructed is needed for long-term success.
- Products and Services: Identify, design and brand products and services designed to suit a customer’s needs—and an organization’s business goals.
- Place: With a marketing career, you may help determine where and how business transactions take place, whether physical or virtual. You will also be tasked with determining how to get your products to the consumer.
- Pricing: You will play an important role in determining the prices of products and services, while helping your business to stay competitive.
- Promotion: A marketing career gives you the opportunity to develop and implement promotional strategies, such as developing brands, working with advertisements and many other creative outlets.
- Sales: A well rounded marketing major will have an understanding of personal selling, sales management, and procurement.
- Logistics: A career in marketing can also allow you to influence how distribution channels for goods and services are selected and designed from providers to customers.
If you want a career that allows you to nurture and express your creative, interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, marketing may be for you.
Meet our Students
Meet our Alumni
Inside Marketing at GVSU