Updated September 29, 2022
For the past two years, the Virus Action Team (VAT) has overseen the university's COVID-19 mitigation efforts. By the first day of Fall semester classes, the Community Health Advisory Team (CHAT) will oversee public health disease prevention and mitigation. CHAT will also oversee future communications regarding the status of COVID-19 and/or other community health information.
Current Mitigation Efforts
· As we have done the past two years, GVSU continues to follow CDC guidance and local public health departments recommendations. We continue to use a set of indicators that inform decisions about the current alert level and face covering requirements. Since May, we have been at Level 0, which means that masks are optional in all campus locations, although faculty members can request their students wear face masks in class. See the Face Covering Policy for more details. We expect to remain at Level 0 on August 29, the first day of classes.
· At-home COVID tests are available for Campus Community Members and Student Residents
- Campus Community Members (one test will be given per person) at the Kirkhof Center 20/20 Desk, Eberhard Center parking window, College of Health Professions Dean's Office (400 CHS) and Kirkhof College of Nursing Dean's Office (410 DCIH) on the Health Campus.
- Student Residents at the South Campus Residential Desk at the Blue Connection and at the North Campus Residential Desk at Holton-Hooker. Both locations are open from 8am - 8pm on weekdays and 10am - 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
· The self-assessment tool is no longer required. We ask all Lakers to continue to self-monitor and engage in healthy social behaviors (i.e., handwashing, staying home when sick, testing for COVID-19 if symptomatic).
Have a question?
- The Frequently Asked Questions section on the Lakers Together site has been updated with new information.
- FAQs on face coverings have been added to the Lakers Together site.
- If you have questions about isolation and quarantine, contact the COVID Assessment Team at [email protected].
- Information about MPV (monkeypox)