Graduation cords can be earned by Integrated Science majors for academic and professional achievement. A student may earn both cords. Please note: graduation cords will not be mailed. If you are unable to come to the office yourself, you may authorize a friend to collect your cord(s) for you.
Gold Cords - Academic Achievement
Criteria for Earning Gold Cords
An overall GPA of 3.5 or higher in the Integrated Science major is required. To determine eligibility, the GPA displayed in myPath for the Integrated Science major will be used.
How to Apply
You should contact the Integrated Science secretary by email to inquire about your eligibility. Please include the following information:
- G Number
White Cords - Professional Achievement
Have you worked with a professor to undertake research that has resulted in an accepted presentation at a local, regional, or national conference? Have you published or had an article accepted for publication with a professor at GVSU? Have you held an office for the student chapter of NSTA? Have you done other things that represent professional achievement in the Integrated Science major? If you answered yes to any of these, then you may have earned the right to wear the Professional Achievement cord with your graduation robes.
How to Apply
Download the application form.
- Form must be completed and turned in to the Integrated Science Office (3300a KHS) by:
- Fall Semester - November 15
- Winter Semester - April 1
- Signature from an Integrated Science faculty member who knows you and can speak to your qualifications
Notification of Award
- You will be notified by email with instructions on how and when you can pick it up if you have been awarded the Professional Achievement Cord.