GVSU Benefits and Wellness Ambassadors
Play an important part of creating a healthy work environment and culture at GVSU!
Who is a Benefits and Wellness Ambassador?
A GVSU faculty or staff member who is committed to promoting health and wellness in the workplace and to be a catalyst for culture change at GVSU. Benefits and Wellness ambassadors play a key role in supporting the promotion of health and wellness and act as a liaison between their department and the GVSU Benefits and Wellness Program. Ambassadors are vital communicators to help direct faculty and staff to both physical and emotional health programming, activities, and resources offered through GVSU Benefits and Wellness as well as employee benefits.
Benefits and Wellness Ambassador Responsibilities
- Share provided information on upcoming Benefits and Wellness events and programs during your weekly or monthly department meetings.
- Forward bi-weekly electronic wellness updates to your department staff.
- Encourage healthy habits in the office by coordinating healthy lunches, healthy meetings or initiating any other creative ways to get moving, eat healthy and relieve stress in the workplace. For example:
- To provide health and wellness resources to fellow co-workers who may not be aware of the wellness opportunities available to faculty and staff.
- There is no Ambassador term limit. Individuals may serve as an Ambassador indefinitely.
Perks to becoming a Benefits and Wellness Ambassador
- The opportunity to be informed with up to the minute information about GVSU Benefits and Wellness events, policies and resources to communicate to your coworkers and other campus departments.
- Be recognized in your department by receiving a Benefits and Wellness Ambassador placard.
- Invitation to an annual recognition luncheon and awards ceremony and semi-annual meetings.
Benefits and Wellness Ambassadors receive full support from the Benefits and Wellness team. Health handouts, tips, resource referrals, online links, in-house presentations and workout sessions can be provided at any time.
For more information please call 331-2215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org