Skip to main content

Request a Copy of a Police Report

Criminal / Non-Traffic Reports

Click on FOIA Forms and Electronic FOIA form to fill out a request. 

Traffic Crash Reports

If the crash occurred on the Allendale campus:



Click here to request a copy of a Grand Valley Police Department traffic crash report through the Michigan State Police. 

Information you will need: 

  • Date of the crash
  • Information about a driver involved in the crash OR the report number

**Note that it may take a few days after the date of the incident for processing of a traffic crash report. If you are unable to access the report, please try again at a later time. For incidents occurring prior to 2012, please contact GVPD directly. 


For questions, please contact one of our Police Clerks: 
     Elyse Sterenberg
     Kelli Dykstra    

If the crash occurred on the Pew Grand Rapids campus:

Click here to send an email requesting a copy of a Pew Campus Security traffic crash report.

Please include in your email: 

  • A name of a driver/owner of vehicle involved
  • Date of incident
  • Report number if known